Margot Robbie Builds Strength For Weight Loss
The Suicide Squad and I, Tonya star Margot Robbie reveal how she prepared for her roles through a very challenging workout routine and shoes how she lost weight.
Iy has been reported that she lost 14 pounds for her suit up scene in suicide squad released in 2016
Her transformed physique amazes her fans while her Hollywood trainer, Andie Hecker, revealed that the Australian star has to go through intense hours of training to achieve a fit and athletic body. See also Sara Rue, the Greekgodx and Keely Shayne Smith weight and read how to succeed in choosing one of Americas top 10 safe diets. Also the Best Soylent article is worth a read.
What Are Margot Robbie’s Workout Routines?
To help get shape in her role as Tonya Harding, she personally spoke with the real controversial athlete, who later on gave some core advice.
In an interview with Entertainment News, Robbie revealed that she was advised to focus more on the core rather than on her legs during her workout, adding at least 100 sit-ups a day.
“I was like, ‘I’ve been working on my legs. I’m trying to get stronger in my legs.’ She’s like, ‘Forget that, worry about your core strength.’ I was like, ‘OK, I’ll do more sit-ups,’”
And indeed, she achieved her desired look by spending almost four hours long for five days a week.
For her role as Harley Quinn, she turned to Andie Hecker, who is a former owner of Ballet Bodies and a celebrity trainer in Los Angeles. She had Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as her famous clients.
According to Hecker, Margot Robbie’s workout runs for two to three hours a day during filming the Suicide Squad. The Australian star focused on her abs and butt as her costume for the movie includes really tiny shorts, fishnets, and a showy midriff. In other words, it was a revealing costume that she had to have a body transformation to nail it, which she actually did!
Her workout sessions are made up of heavy-weighted, low-reps of arabesque pulls hooked up to resistance pulleys. She also did arabesque lifts with heavy ankle weights to achieve a lifted butt. Another workout that she did is a tonne of side series outer thigh work in order to target outer glutes with high reps and low weights, to pull the muscles and achieve a toned line from the waist to the upper thigh.
Now, this is a very intense workout and is not recommendable for anyone who isn’t a highly trained athlete, said her trainer, Andie Hecker.
What is Margot Robbie’s Workout with Andie Hecker?
Robbie started out training for intense leg and butt workouts, as well as intensive core workouts.
As we have mentioned, her core was her ultimate reason for her workout since she got the roles of being athletic and revealing costumes. She achieved this by:
- working on her inner and outer thigh on a Pilates reformer by standing on a reformer from a medium to high resistance and later on push out the carriage for 30 reps holding on with one leg. And at the same time, pressing with 3 to 4-pound dumbbells.
- She would also do an equal number of reps while holding her arms to the side in ballet’s position.
- A 90-degree bend on the knees and shins parallel to the ceiling while lying flat on her back. She would extend her legs back for a crunch for her upper body while adding more endurance by strapping her feet into the pulleys of a pilates reformer.
Margot Robbie did a strength workout to improve her stamina for her role that involved heavy scenes like fast running up the side of an elevator. Her trainer made strength training just for Margot and it’s called “crazy eight”. This is an eight strength training moves back to back without much rest in between.
- To achieve her weighted arabesque, she would do a 5-pound ankle weight while lifting her leg straight back for 20 reps both on the right leg and left leg and repeating it.
- Another 3 to 5-pound weights are used to lift her arms to the side for 30 repetitions and adding 20 circles back and forth to achieve her arm raises and circles.
- 4 sets of 20 bodyweight squats
- 26 reps on a Pilate reformer
To keep up the level of intensity of her workouts, she did an hour or so for her cardio. Her trainer said that Margot Robbie is really good at jumping. This is what she did:
- A 45-minute to 1-hour high-energy cardio circuit
- Alternates it with jumping on and off a trampoline or a jumping rope.
- Hopping a Bosu balance for 1 minute
- Ballet jumps for 1 minute
- Mountain climbers for 1 minute
Her personal trainer, Andie Hecker, was very impressed by Robbie’s dedication to her workouts and even to her role in the movies.
She told People, “She was a total trooper. It was very satisfying to see her body change into exactly what she wanted it to look like in such a short time.”
What Is Margot Robbie’s Diet?
Additionally, Margot Robbie didn’t have a strict diet while achieving her fitness goals. She is still a fan of burgers, fries, and waffles and didn’t restrict herself too much. Having an intense workout needs calories to sustain her all throughout the process. But she reportedly did cut off sugar, saturated fats, and chocolates. She also allows herself to purge a glass of wine.
Emirates Women shared a statement that Margot Robbie is also into clean-eating and protein-rich diets like green smoothies, salads, chicken and fish, baked vegetables, and porridge. All these are for her dedication in order to keep fit and trim for her different roles.