Jorge Garcia Weight Loss
Jorge Garcia Weight Loss
How Did Jorge Garcia Lose Weight?
Jorge Garcia is a popular icon in Hollywood that starred in the movies How I Met your Mother, Ridiculous 6, The Wedding Planner, BoJack Horseman, BecKer and iSteve, Hawaii Five 0, and among others.
The 47-year old actor is from Omaha, Nebraska and humbly grew up in Orange County, California with his parents, Dora Mesa and Humberto Garcia.
Prior to his Hollywood career, he studied at San Clemente High School receiving the highest award upon graduating as an excellent student. He then proceeded to the University of California, Los Angeles, and graduated with a degree in Communication Studies. To enhance his acting career, he pushed through a course in the art of acting at Beverly Hills playhouse.
Now, for sure a lot of you were searching up on Google about “Jorge Garcia weight loss” or “Jorge Garcia skinny look” and being amazed by how he achieved and struggled with his weight loss journey.
This article form part of or Weight loss Series and focuses on well known people or celebrities who have lost weight.
We also have a great over all weight loss guide – see here.
Along with Holistic weight loss and also how to get ride of sugar from your diet.
Read More Honey Boo Boo Weight Loss – The Last Time I ate a Salad was NEVER
Let us get deeper into this.
What is Jorge Garcia’s Inspiration In Losing Weight?
His inspiration to lose weight was because of a project – The Lost – that he was asked to lose a significant amount of weight.
But unlike anyone else who is going through obesity, Jorge (pronounced as (’hor-hay) Garcia admitted that he was still happy and finds no problem with it – he was known as the chubby and funny guy on screens. He even married the love of his life last 2019 which took place last summer.
Until he admitted the reality that his drinking problem and unhealthy diet contributed massively to his weight gain and was finally convinced by his family and friends to do the weight loss challenge for a television project.
Ref:Image: instagram.com, @pronouncedhorhay
What Was Jorge Garcia’s Weight Loss Plan?
It wasn’t an easy and one-time challenge for Jorge. He also went through frustrations and discouragement.
His supporters were excitedly waiting for the result of his weight loss journey. He was nearing 400 pounds and his doctors have already advised him to go through a weight loss regimen. Though unconfirmed, it was reported that he has to go through the gastric bypass to help his stomach feel full and reduce overeating, hence, reduce his weight.
Jorge Garcia along with his dietitians, workout trainers, and other health professionals worked together to achieve a significant change in actor’s weight.
He started taking the Nooch diet along with fruits, vegetables, low carbohydrates, and protein-rich foods. He also quit his alcohol addiction and started to work out regularly with the recommended exercises by his doctors resulting in Jorge Garcia now losing 30 pounds off of his weight.
Jorge Garcia’s diet plan recommended by his doctors:
FRUITS – to help burn fat regardless of the amount taken due to its fibrous content.
VEGGIES – green leafy vegetables are always suggested since it is the most healthy one. Take it either boiled or uncooked and with fruits.
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES with no restrictions on the amount.
8 bananas and 4 glasses of no-fat milk for the entire day.
Brown rice or 6 large tomatoes and fish or skinless chicken
Day 6. Lean meat like fish and skinless chicken breast or a cup of brown rice with raw or cooked vegetables.
Raw or cooked vegetables and a cup of brown rice.
Jorge Garcia’s weight loss work out recommended by his doctors:
Arm circles, sit-ups, push-ups, and jogging were among his daily workout routine. But these are the rest of his followed workouts:
- Air cycling
- Clockwise and counterclockwise neck rotation
- Clockwise and counterclockwise arm rotation
- Clockwise and counterclockwise wrist rotation
- Clockwise and counterclockwise shoulder rotation
- Stair running
- Breathing exercises
- Facial exercises
What Are The Weight Loss Tips of Jorge Garcia?
The “Jorge Garcia 2019 to 2020 look” is so much different from what he is a couple of years ago. Here are some of his weight loss tips that you might also follow. Take note, a doctor’s prescription is always the best.
- Avoid high-fat and junk foods such as:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Sweetened drinks
- Full-fat milk
- Ice cream
- Full-fat yogurt
- Margarine and butter
- Safflower oil
- Meat – pork, beef, and turkey
- Starchy vegetables – potatoes and sweet potatoes
- White bread
- White rice
- Processed and canned foods
- Avoid eating out. Homemade meals are always better since you can control and choose what to put on your food. Usually, food from the restaurants contains ingredients that are not beneficial to your weight loss regimen. They usually use oils, salt, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and other unhealthy ingredients.
- Daily or regular exercise. Losing weight is impossible to achieve without regular exercise. Remember that healthy nutrition and exercise always comes in hand. According to Jorge Garcia, doing two to three hours of exercise a day really helped him in losing his weight.
- Avoid “fast food” habit. We all know how unhealthy the foods are from fast-food chains. They are the number one enemies when it comes to weight loss.
- Eat small meals. Consuming big and heavy meals are not a good idea since your stomach will have a hard time digesting all of it. Instead, taking your meals with a 3 to 4 hours interval with a small amount can help you a lot.
- Be patient. Losing weight is not an easy thing to do. It takes so much effort and time for you to see the results. Never overstrain your body from working out since it can only cause you injuries and patiently follow the step-by-step guidelines from your doctors or coaches.
Jorge Garcia lost roughly 30 pounds after being asked to lose off some weight by the directors of The Lost.
Whether a celebrity or not, achieving a weight loss goal wouldn’t come easy. It always has struggles and trials. But fret not, with perseverance, commitment, and discipline nothing will be impossible for you.
Just like Jorge Garcia, even though he had faced criticisms of several kinds, he did not take it seriously, and instead, he focused on his goals.
If you haven’t known Jorge Garcia, he is a great actor that starred in the popular television show – The Lost – where he had his big break. He was named as Hugo Reyes or Hurley that aired for six seasons. Jorge Garcia wife is Rebecca Birdsall whom he married in Leixlip Manor, Ireland.
He is a successful comedian and a voice actor, Jorge Garcia net worth approximately $5,000,000.