How to Use Dead Sea Mud Mask For Softer Glowing Skin and Hair
If you’re slightly confused by what is Dead Sea mud mask is and want to know how to use this for all your skincare woes, then you want to read this article.
For me there’s nothing in the world that can soothe my soul like a trip to the sea. I love the sound of the crashing waves against the surf. I love the sweet smell of the salt in the air, so thick you can taste it.
“The cure for anything is saltwater- sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
I love the feel of the soft, cool sand on my toes. Can’t you just feel yourself there right now? Unfortunately, in today’s busy world, making a trip to the ocean is not always an option.
That’s why it comes in handy to bring the healing properties of the sea home to you. Dead Sea mud mask is one of the most sought-after products in the holistic community today. It’s healing properties are as numerous as the sand. Benefits start as small as eliminating wrinkles and acne, to helping with more serious issues; such as relieving joint pain and inflammation due to arthritis.
What is Dead Sea Mud?
You may be thinking to yourself, “It’s just mud, why’s everyone making such a big deal out of it?”
Well for starters, Dead Sea mud isn’t just your run-of-the-mill, ordinary mud that you can just scoop up from your own backyard.
It is harvested from the very banks of the “Dead Sea” itself and is packed full of minerals that are essential to a strong, healthy body. These vital minerals are what give it its rich, black color and consist of calcium, potassium, iron, sodium, chloride, and magnesium.
The dead sea is a saltwater lake that is located off the shores of Israel, Jordan, and Palestine. It got its name from the fact that is has such a high salt content, that most aquatic life can’t even survive in it. Which is great, because more salt means more of those amazing minerals that we all want, right?
For this reason, people flock from all over the world to experience the healing powers of the Dead Sea (2). Researchers have been trying to duplicate its healing capabilities for centuries with no such luck, which is why they began harvesting it.
What Are the Benefits of Dead Sea Mud for Skin and Overall Health?
Okay, okay, I’ve been going on and on about the amazing healing benefits of Dead Sea mud, so what are they already? Here are a few to start with, and ladies, I think a lot of these will especially appeal to you!
● Detoxes and Rejuvenates the Skin
In a world full of harsh chemicals and toxins, we all need a little detox now and then, right?
In fact, scientists are finding out that much of what we place on our skin is absorbed directly into our bloodstreams. Dead Sea mud is known not only for its ability to draw out impurities, but also to heal our bodies in the process.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that your normal routine of washing up with soap and water is a good enough detox regimen. This only removes dirt from the surface.
We are all aware that our skin is made up of thousands of tiny pores that absorb all of those impurities that I was talking about, which can lead to blocked pores; such as blackheads and pimples.
It can also cause nuisances like wide pores, saggy skin, wrinkles, and just all-around unhealthy looking skin.
This is where a Dead Sea mud can work its miracles. It is known for its miraculous abilities to draw out all those nasty toxins from beneath the skin. And all those minerals we talked about?
Well, while the clay is pulling the toxins out of the pores, the pores are sucking in all those amazing minerals that nourish and protect your skin.
This two-fold detoxing/nourishing power leaves your skin feeling clean, smooth, and moisturized.
● Protects Against Dryness and Wrinkles
Not only does Dead Sea mud have moisturizing and rejuvenating abilities like tamanu oil , but it also locks and seals in that moisture.
This is fascinating because our skin is constantly losing moisture ALL DAY LONG. When our skin becomes dry, that’s when all those unwanted fine lines and wrinkles start to show up.
A Dead Sea mud mask helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and also helps to prevent them in the future.
● Reduces Cellulite
Another one of those unsightly blemishes we all want to get rid of is cellulite. (Yes, I said the “C” word, the one no one wants to talk about or admit that they have).
A Dead Sea Mud works wonders when combined with massage to get rid of those fat molecules that sit just below the surface of the skin and cause that cottage cheese look that we all know as cellulite.
Remember some of those minerals that the Dead Sea clay contains?
To be specific, magnesium, calcium, and potassium, three work together with the massage action to increase blood circulation and release those fat molecules.
The clay works so amazingly that you will see results after your very first use. And not only will the Dead Sea mud mask help to eliminate existing cellulite like collagen face masks , it also helps to stop the buildup of fat molecules, in order to prevent future cellulite from appearing.
● Eliminates Stretch Marks
While we are on the topic of unwanted imperfections, let’s talk about stretch marks. Even though stretch marks cause no real health threat to us, they can leave us feeling less than attractive.
Dead Sea mud masks work to reduce stretch marks much the same as it does cellulite…..…isn’t this stuff great?
● Prevents Hair Loss and Promotes New Growth
Did someone say magnesium, calcium, and potassium? Those wondrous minerals work wonders on your scalp to encourage new hair growth. You see, when you start to age, your hair follicles become smaller and smaller. Eventually, they become so small, that hair can no longer grow through that follicle.
This is where thinning hair and baldness come into the picture. Using a Dead Sea mud mask can prevent this from happening.
Just massage it into your scalp during your morning or bedtime routine. Allow it to sit and absorb into the scalp for several minutes.
The clay starts to turn a lighter color as it dries, this is how you will know when you are ready to rinse and shampoo as usual.
Using the dead Sea mud mask on your scalp on a regular basis is a great way to help prevent future baldness.
● Treats Skin Conditions
We’ve talked about some minor annoyances that Dead Sea mud masks can help to resolve, now let’s talk about some more serious issues. Conditions such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and vitiligo can be uncomfortable and painful.
Studies done by the Dead Sea Research Center (DSRC), a nonprofit organization, have shown that Dead Sea mud is profitable for treating these ailments. Moisturizing creams and sunbathing can help as well.
● Relieves Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
Dead Sea Mud is also proven to help with anywhere from minor to major aches and pains. The benefits of dead sea mud just go on and on.
Not only is it useful for treating rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, but it also helps with a whole host of other ailments, such as: fibromyalgia, tendonitis, bursitis, sports injuries, and even recovery from orthopedic surgeries.
It has also been known to relax sore muscles. It is a simple and easy treatment. All you have to do is apply the mud to the area of concern. You can also soak in a nice hot bath with dead Sea salt mixed in to achieve maximum results.
● Increases Circulation
Circulation is so crucial to healthy cell function, and a dead Sea mud is a great way to increase that “circulation”. Circulation helps bring important nutrients to our cells, while carrying away toxins and impurities.
How to Prepare and Use Dead Sea Mud Mask– DIY
Image Via : DIY Dead Sea Mud Mask
Dead Sea Mud Face Mask Ingredients:
- ½ Cup Dead Sea Mud
- 1 Drop Peppermint Essential Oil
- 3 Drops Chamomile Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
Dead Sea Mud Mask Recipe:
- It’s so simple and easy. Just mix all of the ingredients together in a glass jar until well blended. You only need to use 1 tbsp. at a time, so you can place a lid on the jar and save the rest for later use.
- Next, measure out approximately 1 tbsp. of the mixture and apply evenly to the face.
- Make sure to avoid delicate areas of the face and avoid contact with the eyes.
- Let the mud set for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry. It’s that simple to have beautiful, rejuvenated skin.
- The best thing about this recipe? You can experiment with your favorite essential oils to make the most out of your beauty routine!
How to Use a Dead Sea Mud
You are probably wondering exactly how to use this miracle clay from the sea. It is actually very simple and easy to do. We all like to hear that, right?
Here are some different ways the Dead Sea mud can be used.
How to Apply a Dead Sea Mud Mask to Your Face
● First of all, always apply any new product that you are trying out to a small area of the skin, to test for irritability or allergic reactions.
● Once the skin test comes out clear; you can apply a thin layer of mud to your face. Use sparingly, because if the mud is too thick, it will not dry properly. Also, make sure to avoid contact with your eyes.
● Avoid sensitive areas of your skin, such as the upper lip where you might wax.
● Always use upward strokes when applying the mud to your skin. You never want to pull the facial skin downward, as gravity already does that enough for you.
● Leave the clay on for about 7-12 minutes. You do not want it to dry completely, as this can be irritating and itchy. If you notice it start to crack, you have waited too long. Make sure to rinse before this happens.
● Sometimes blemishes may arise when pulling toxins from your skin. If this happens, wait a few weeks before applying another mask.
Note: that it may take several uses before completely removing blackheads.
How to Do a Mud Mask or Wrap for the Body
A Dead Sea mud body mask or wrap can have some amazing healing benefits. It detoxes, improves skin tone, and increases circulation; all while nourishing the body with all those essential minerals it is so packed full of.
This is a great protocol to add to your weekly health regime to maintain maximum health. Let’s talk about some steps you need to take to get prepped and ready for your at-home spa treatment.
- First of all, decide whether you want to do a mask or a wrap. If you decide to do a wrap, you will want to grab an old blanket or sheet that you won’t mind if it gets stained. It will also come in handy to have someone nearby who can help you get wrapped up once the mud is applied.
- As a reminder, you always want to make sure you are drinking plenty of water when you are doing any kind of detox protocol. I recommend drinking at least a half a gallon of water. I also like to add 1-2 tsp of mineral salt per half gallon to boost my mineral levels and prevent dehydration.
- Next, make sure the room is plenty warm, especially during the colder seasons. It might get a little uncomfortable sitting there in your mud mask in a chilly room.
- Dry brushing your skin is a great way to get it prepped and ready for your mud mask or wrap. It also helps to exfoliate and improve circulation.
Supplies Needed For a dead sea body mask:
- Warm Dead Sea mud
- A container to hold the mud
- A microwave or water bath
For a wrap:
- Old cotton sheet
- Big, warm blanket
- Optional: A new plastic paint drop cloth
- Optional: An inexpensive, natural paint brush
Now, let’s get ready to roll in the mud!
- Warm up the mud. You can either microwave it at 30 second intervals, or place it in a glass measuring cup and place it in a warm water bath. To keep it warm, you can leave it in the water bath, or place it in an insulated lunch box or thermos.
- Apply an even coat to your entire body. Make sure to avoid your eyes, any open wounds, or any areas of sensitive skin.
- Wait for the mud to dry. If you are doing a mask, you simply need to wait 10-15 minutes for the mud to dry before rinsing off. If the mud seems to be drying out too fast, you can keep a spray bottle nearby to mist yourself every now and then. If you are doing a wrap, you will need to wrap yourself in plastic after applying then mud. Next, wrap yourself up in a warm blanket and find a comfy place to lay back and rest for the next half hour.
- Rinse well with warm water. There is no need to use soap, but you may want to use a Dead Sea moisturizer.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water. As I mentioned above, staying hydrated is so important when detoxing!
- Relax. As always, one of the most important things to remember about your spa treatments is to sit back and relax. Take this time to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul.
Dead Sea Mud Mask Reviews – Buyer’s Guide & Our Top Picks
Now that you know all about this miraculous clay, you’re probably wondering where you can find it! Amazingly enough, Dead Sea mud is becoming such a popular item, you can practically find it anywhere!
Even your local department stores are starting to sell it, but buyer, beware: Make sure to find a source that is pure, without any added ingredients. The best place to buy it is from a local organic co-op, where you can get it at bulk prices.
A lot of local health food stores carry it as well. You can also find it online at your favorite herb or vitamin shop.
Here is an example of one, among many Dead Sea mud products that you can find on Amazon
Aria Star Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask – For Face, Acne, Oily Skin & Blackheads
- Highest quality, organic ingredients
- Premium spa formula
- No parabens or alcohol
- Suitable for both face and body
This #1 professional spa product combines Dead Sea mud with only the best organic ingredients around to create the perfect Dead Sea mask.
A magnificent blend of organic jojoba oil, shea butter, and aloe vera blended in with the clay leaves your face feeling soft and rejuvenated. Eliminate blemishes by detoxifying your skin. You will feel just like you’ve had a spa day after pampering yourself with the Aria Dead Sea Mud Mask.
Precautions and Side Effects you should know When Trying a Dead Sea Mud Mask
Dead Sea Mud masks are relatively safe to use as long as you are doing it correctly. They can, however, occasionally cause allergic reactions or dry, chapped skin.
Always make sure to try out a small test spot on your skin when using any new products to make sure there are no adverse reactions.
Doing mud masks too frequently, or leaving them on for too long can especially dry out the skin. Never leave your mud mask on overnight. And as usual, if you have any health concerns, make sure to contact your doctor before trying a new protocol.
Image Source : Featured helloglow, cleanbeautyscout